The Architects’ Association of Prince Edward Island, the Architects’ Association of New Brunswick and the Nova Scotia Association of Architects have announced the details of the first Maritime Architectural Design Excellence Awards, which will be taking place in 2018.
Architecture builds communities. From our homes to our workplaces, our hospitals to our schools, our churches to our lighthouses, it inspires the spaces and places where we live, work and play! This summer, celebrate the important role architecture plays in our communities with the “Architecture Through Your Lens” photography contest.
The Honourable Jocelyne Roy Vienneau, Lieutenant-Governor of New Brunswick, has presented the 2017 Lieutenant-Governor’s Award of Excellence in Architecture to Acre Architects Inc.
The owners of the Martin-Duguay residence, a gorgeous Victorian style home located on William Street in Moncton, wished to add an expansion that would provide more indoor space, while strengthening the building’s connection with their gorgeous backyard space.
The decision to build the new law courts in the heart of downtown Moncton provided an opportunity for the city to introduce an architectural design that could serve as a prominent icon for the city landscape, while aiding in the revitalization of the downtown and riverfront.
This natural historic site, constructed in the late 1820's, served as a barracks for British soldiers until 1869. Today the soldier’s barracks building is an integral part of Fredericton's Garrison District and has been home to an expanded New Brunswick College of Craft and Design since 2010.
PLACE RESURGO PLACE (MONCTON MUSEUM AND TRANSPORTATION DISCOVERY CENTRE), MONCTON, NB | ARCHITECTURE 2000 INC. (NOW STANTEC ARCHITECTURE LTD.)
Place Resurgo Place will be the new home of the Moncton Museum, the Transportation Discovery Centre, and the Main Moncton Visitor Information Centre.
The former CN Terminal Centre in Moncton was once a major architectural landmark for the city; known as “The Glass House”, it was considered extremely modern for its time before being damaged by a fire in 1978.
The Bathurst CCNB administrative offices are located in a exquisite chapel that is a vital part of the campus’ architectural heritage. The chapel rests on a colonnade asymemetrically arranged in space, and is famous for its oval shape, central cone-shaped roof, and brilliant skylight.
Le Centre Touristique of Grand Falls requires an addition and a complete renovation, with an architectural design that will honor and embody the lush and rugged nature of its surroundings.