We are now in Cycle Nine of our mandatory continuing education program. For this two-year Cycle (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2020), members are required to obtain 25 CORE HOURS of learning and 45 SELF-DIRECTED hours of learning. Please continue to record your continuing activities on the web site. As administrator when I search for your compliance, I will enter the Cycle dates and it will advise me of the sessions you completed within the time frame.
Here are the changes to the program that you need to know
- Members are required to achieve 70 hours of learning:
- 25 CORE learning hours; and
- 45 Self-Directed learning hours
- Members are required to report all activities, both CORE and Self-Directed, to their Web based Continuing Education transcript. The AANB is no longer recording educational activities on AANB members’ transcripts.
- A Continuing Education transcript audit will commence at the close of Cycle Nine – June 30, 2020. For the purposes of the transcript audit, the AANB member shall maintain the supporting documentation for all educational activities completed during the Cycle for a period of two years after the end of the Cycle. Members shall submit such documentation to the AANB only upon request.
- Members have the option to seek recognition or equivalency for learning activities completed during the Continuing Educational Cycle.
If the learning activity focuses on one of the CORE topics established by the AANB and a member would like to assess it for CORE eligibility, the Member Request for Equivalency Form should be submitted to the AANB for consideration.